Aspire Gymnastics Club takes it responsibility for the Welfare and Child protection of its members very seriously. A critical element of our safeguarding is the designation of individuals who are responsible for safeguarding and promoting the Welfare of Children within our Club (under British Gymnastics a child is considered to be anyone under the age of 18 years).
We therefore have appointed trained Welfare Officers who responsibilities are:-
- To be the first point of call if you feel a child’s Welfare is compromised.
- To monitor and promote safeguarding and the welfare of children
- To support and assist our Staff and Parents in difficult circumstances.
- Report any suspected behaviour to the relevant organisations for further investigations (police, social services)
- To report serious cases to British Gymnastics where further investigations will continue.
- Assisting the club to be more child-focused in its activities e.g. involving children in decision making processes.
Should you need to contact a Welfare Officers to discuss any matters of concern, you can contact them in confident via the details provided below.