Welfare & Child Protection
Aspire Gymnastics Club takes it responsibility for the Welfare and Child protection of its members very seriously.
A critical element of our safeguarding is the designation of individuals who are responsible for safeguarding and promoting the Welfare of Children within our Club (under British Gymnastics a child is considered to be anyone under the age of 18 years).
We therefore have appointed trained Welfare Officers who responsibilities are:-
- To be the first point of call if you feel a child’s Welfare is compromised.
- To monitor and promote safeguarding and the welfare of children
- To support and assist our Staff and Parents in difficult circumstances.
- Report any suspected behaviour to the relevant organisations for further investigations (police, social services)
- To report serious cases to British Gymnastics where further investigations will continue.
- Assisting the club to be more child-focused in its activities e.g. involving children in decision making processes.
Should you need to contact a Welfare Officers to discuss any matters of concern, you can contact them in confident via the details provided below.
Further, the Regional Welfare Officer for Yorkshire is Helen Monks who can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and the British Gymnastics Safeguarding & Compliance Team can be contacted on 0345 129 7129 or via email to email@example.com.